Lifework Forum is an organization presenting patterns for living to both religious and secular audiences. We are dedicated to the application of biblical truths to all areas of life. We place an emphasis on the practical outworking of our discoveries. It is our desire to bring fresh insights to traditional thought as we confront age-old questions and current issues.
The name Lifework Forum comes from the concept that a person’s life is his or her work. As with an artist’s lifework, one ought to be able to look back over what has been produced and see the expression of their worldview. For the Christian, that means clear evidence of the redemptive power of Jesus Christ.
Statement of Faith
The following is the framework for all that we do. We seek to act consistently with its content, though it may not be overtly stated in every setting.
- We believe that God is the Infinite, Eternal Creator of all things and that He exists in the persons of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that as His disobedient creatures, both by nature and choice, all people are sinners and deserve the wrathful judgment of this Holy God.
- We believe that God’s love and mercy are expressed in the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ, His only Son, who began His earthly existence through His birth to a Virgin and ended it through His bodily, visible ascension.
- We believe that salvation from sin, paid for by the physical death of the One who alone was sinless, is offered as a gift and must be received by personal faith in the above truths and not by works of any sort.
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God and that it is the operating manual for all of life.